Over the past few Weeks, I’d been Engaged in a Little battle with our
It stopped Spinning on its own,
Thus, washing Clothes in the Apartment wasn’t viable anymore.
Having no choice in the Matter, I started looking in on what Might be the Problem.
Opening the Machine up,
I first saw the Elastic band, looking at the Discoloration from the Track it had run on over the Past few Years.
I suspected that if there’s Not enough traction, this could be an Issue.
Having never replaced it, I thought it Time to do so.
Depending on how Old or Big you are,
Looking at the Middle indent of your Thumb – that’s more or less the width of this Elastic band and I can tell you this, when Pulled taunt, you need to put in effort in Hooking it over the Electrical Motor’s plastic pulley.
Looking at the plastic Pulley while I was busy here,
I thought to make it bigger and added a Rubber Pipe I’d bought,
Cutting it and then with Glue and Cable-ties – put it in place.
Speaking to the Man I’d bought the Elastic Band from,
I was told to look at the Material bearing in front;
Which I saw wasn’t in Good condition anymore.
The Moment I did this,
I looked at the Bearing in the Back and found it needed replacing as well.
There aren’t many Components on the Machine,
Thus, I was starting to worry a bit, not sure what I could look at next!
This still didn’t do the Trick,
Needing to help the Drum along to spin.
Looking at the Little white Plastic Tube with the Electrical Motor – the Kicker.
When I replaced this, EURIKA – the drum started to spin on its Own!
After all of this, I put the Machine back together and while it was in Use,
While I wasn’t there, the Bolt in the back of the Drum became dislodged.
Giving the Rest a Massive fright as to what was going on,
To say the least, the Machine immediately stopped and there was no Movement!
I replaced the Bolt with a Longer one and now used a Lock-nut action with Two nuts tightened against each other – allowing the Bearing in the back to still Run Freely.
I had to take into account that the Heat Element shouldn’t be touched or bumped or hit by the Spinning Drum itself; not breaking the Element.
This didn’t Matter, as the Heat Element on my Machine didn’t Heat-up as I know it should do.
Again I took it apart, Looking for the Thermal switch and handed it in, to be Tested.
There wasn’t a thing wrong…
The Only thing I could look at now,
Spinning up, Not falling Apart when it did,
BUT, not Heating up the Clothes,
Was the Actual Hot/Cold switch!
Opening up Yet again,
I looked at the Switch and found it was Really stubborn,
Not willing to Come out!
I pulled the Two wires from the Switch and connected them Directly,
Insulating them and making sure the wire didn’t become Dislodged,
Wearing out on the Drum itself.
This Finally Heated the Element up to where it should be!
With this Long Story short,
No matter what we may Think we know,
Even the Smallest of things on any Machine can have an Impact on the WHOLE!