We’re Fast approaching the Cold of Winter here in South Africa.
Some places in the World there might Still be the Cold of Winter or You might have recently Passed through it.
I KNOW from my Colleagues in the Past Three Years I’ve been working at the Second Hand Car Stand,
Most of them Believe there’s Something WRONG with me during the Winter Months.
The Day I do dress Warmly,
You can KNOW it’s Freezing Cold!
Here are a few of my Personal Tips if and when You’d like to Train Yourself at Handling the Cold a little better.
Just KNOW this isn’t to say that It’ll WORK for you.
ONE thing if You’d not known this about me, I was working at the Correctional Services for 12 years.
MOST of the time there I worked during the Night.
HENCE, most of the time at Some Point it was a little OR a Lot Chilly!
So here goes…
- If you CAN walk around during the Coming Colder Months for as long as you
can, Without dressing up TOO warmly – this will help your Body to some extent to Adjust to the cold and toughen up a bit more against the Cold.
- If you do Dress in a Jacket, Pull-over, Vest, Jersey or such; Make sure that your Arms are kept well Warm. Your hands will release the Heat from your body and IF you work a lot with your hands, this Can help with maintaining their Heat for as long as possible.
- You can in time Obviously dress in a Second T-Shirt of such under your Shirt or whichever you may dress in. Keeping Your Chest warm and keeping the Cold out AND off your Lungs is a very good idea.
- If you can get a Hold of Wool socks that’s a good thing as well. Dressing in time with Two pairs, the Second do not even need be Wool. The second will help in Insulating Your feet so heat doesn’t Dissipate that way either.
- One thing which is AS Important than anything I can tell you, The More Busy you keep, the More Active You are during the Day, You MIGHT burn more Energy, but this will also Generate Heat for the body as well. Making you Hungry as well, so keep up the Food or Drinks.
- The Pants You usually Ware, if they’re a bit Thicker in the Winter, not just Insulating Your Legs better, but with ANY wind blowing, Breaking the Wind
not allowing it to Affect Your body – that’s the key…
- You can Eventually wear Another set of Pants under your Top ones. Ski-pants or Long-John’s would help with Insulating. But you can also Dress in a pair of Slacks, Sweatpants. When doing this, you can pull your Socks OVER the Slacks or Sweats – this will keep them from Pulling Up. Also good to Insolate your Feet and Legs.
- THIS one will Not be as easy. If you wear Shoes or Boots, whichever You can Find which will work with Your Wardrobe… If they’re Water-resistant or Waterproof – it will mean that Little or No heat escapes from your feet.
There are various Places on our Bodies where Heat disappear, if you can Do All
You can to Prevent this, Your body will keep much warmer.
Your FEET is a big place where Your body Looses Heat from and thus, TWO pairs of Socks and Possibly the Boots – Shoes which will keep the Heat in.
Doing this ONLY almost will keep You much warmer than You might Imagine.
Our Heads, there’s a great deal of Heat disappearing from our Heads.
If you’re NOT able to do much here, then Concentrate on the rest of your Clothes – compensate for what You can do.
The MORE motion You’ve got in Your Arms,
This Also help with Generating Heat, it will get your Chest muscles working and
Make Your body burn more Energy.
You also need to keep Your Vitamins Intake up to date.
Even if You’re keeping Yourself warm and so,
Keeping Healthy is also a Big Must during the Winter.
Eating the Orange Fruit,
Not just getting the Juice is as Important as getting the Vitamin-C.
Then as well,
The Dryer You can keep Yourself,
The better that’ll Turn out for you.
As much as You’d like to Insolate Your Feet,
If they do get Wet or Cold,
You’d easily feel this Effect on the REST of Your Body…
When You’ve Dressed Yourself warmly and get TOO Active,
Be careful NOT to take Off too much Clothes.
If you’ve got a Jacket On, Just unzip it and Allow Your Body to Cool down on its Own.
If You change the Temperature difference Too fast,
This can lead You to become Ill – Sick.
The MOMENT You feel that MOSTLY Your Lower back become Damp,
That’s a Sign for You do slow-down and Relax some,
This is a Very Good Indication that Your TOO warm and if You now Chance something TOO fast,
Well, You know…
Any Sweating, Anywhere over Your body is a Very Good indication of Over-Heating and as I mentioned,
In most Instances this isn’t THAT good.
You will Become Irritated and Undress.
It’ll Cause You to Cool down TOO fast and You’d feel a
WET-Cold which is the Actual Beginning of Trouble for you.
Thus, You should Understand,
Regulating Your Temperature is as Important as it is for You
NOT to be TOO Cold as well.
There could be Other things which Cold work for You.
Take a Moment and Consider them.
You might come up with Better Ideas than I have.
Keep Yourself Safe, WARM and Healthy…